If you are one of those bold brides who cannot picture themselves wearing a red lehenga or saree on their wedding day, then this post is for you. People may ask, if “red” isn’t there, what other options do you have! Let’s bring some color back to the bridal look and break the predicament. Let us present some more original bridal colors for your lehenga that will suit Indian skin tones well and will dazzle the party too. So, here are a few more options for all the brides-to-be to look no less than a million dollars on one of the most important days of their lives.
1. Pastel Pink: Pastel pink is the best option which goes well with all Indian skin color but if you are opting for a pastel pink colored lehenga, make sure you do not opt for the updo style . Since the color of the lehenga is very light, sweet and calm, you should choose a hairstyle that adds black color to it. (Dark hair usually compliments a light pastel-colored lehenga).
2. Golden: Oh yes! Golden is the color that can completely replace red in a wedding. Although earlier there was no golden color for brides, many designers like Manish Malhotra are experimenting with lehengas and bridal outfits with golden color as the base. Models walked the ramp wearing a gold-toned lehenga and the color gained immense popularity among new brides who dared to wear golden on their important day. Golden or shimmer lehenga goes well with Indian skin tone.
3. Orange: Orange is no longer a dark bold color! If you’re a true fashionista, you’ve read tons of articles on how to rock this bold color from random sources, haven’t you? How then can we miss orange from this list? The fresh bright orange with some citrus shades helps to neutralize the lehenga which matches perfectly with the Indian skin tone. The thing to remember is not to use too much gold over it, designer jewelery goes well with a dress and makes you look ‘jhak’.
4. Blue: Blue is one of the warm colors that helps in intensifying the look of a person. It would be difficult for you to find a person who does not love this color and is looking for a blue dress. Blue is one of the bridal colors which helps you to look radiant. Did you know that some colors are good for clicking photos? Blue is one such colour.
5. Bronze: Bronze or any metallic color also looks beautiful when worn on the wedding day. Bronze colored bridal wear should always be complemented with mineral or subtle makeup. Combinations are key to wearing bronze. To highlight the dress, pair it with a nice neckpiece and drop earrings. This is your wedding and you will surely be full of body jewelry but avoid Jodha style necklaces or Rani style jewellery. Large jewelery like this does not highlight your lehenga and also looks shabby and overloaded.
Apart from gold, 6 types of jewelery for the bride
The “2 Month” Beauty Treatment Routine for the Bride to Look Perfect