1. Red lips do so much heavy makeup lifting.
You have the option of calling the rest of your look if you wish! With red lips, I know I can get away with wearing minimal makeup on the rest of my face — brows, mascara, concealer, and bronzer.
2. There are many different shades of red.
Blue red, orange red, coral red, rosy red, reddish brown… Seriously, so many shades of red! Side note: Do you favor a certain type of red? Lately I’ve been into red corals.
3. Red lips are classic, but at the same time they also say, “I can bite and bite you if need be.”
I’m joking but no. Red lipstick is a gentle reminder to the rest of the world that you don’t have to mess with it.
4. There is always a new red to look forward to.
Some might say “there’s always a new red to covet,” and in my case, it’s so true. (Here’s looking at you, dior 999,
5. There are many different levels of coverage and intensity.
Do you like sheer or full-on reds? I love an opaque, matte red myself!
6. Red lips are confident.
For me, red lipstick is a form of makeup armor. When I wear red lips, I feel like a gladiator ready to handle all the crap that comes my way!
7. Red lips are unforgettable.
Oh, and if you live in the suburbs like I do where no one wears makeup or clothes, they’re especially unforgettable. The general fashion vibe in my city is Lululemon-slash-granola chic. I’m by no means fancy, but whenever I show up at a school or dance studio function with red lips, I suddenly become a “glamorous mom” and I’m not crazy about it.
Why do you like red lipstick?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,