Hot and humid summer days are here! If you haven’t been applying sunscreen by now, here’s a gentle reminder to wear a sunscreen every day to prevent premature aging and skin damage, and that too with an SPF of at least 30, broad-spectrum. With safety. Along with sunscreen, if you choose to wear makeup, you’ll also need long-lasting and sweat-proof makeup that doesn’t melt in the scorching heat. Doesn’t it hurt to watch all the makeup melt off within minutes of applying it in the heat and humidity? So, to help make your makeup summer-proof, here’s a list of things that will help keep your makeup in place even on the hottest of days. shall we start?
1. Sweatproof Sunscreen: A good sweatproof sunscreen will not only protect you from the harmful effects of the sun, but it will also prevent excessive sweating. Even in the heat and humidity, you can rest assured that you are protected from the sun. Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen SPF 50 claims to be water resistant, sweat resistant, non greasy, and absorbs quickly as well. There are other sweat-proof and water-resistant sunscreens on the market that you can check out.
2. Matte Primer: A good primer not only creates a smooth canvas for your makeup, it fades away fine lines and wrinkles and also increases the longevity/staying power of your makeup. The silicones in the primer act as a barrier between the skin and the moisture and hence your makeup will not come off easily without a primer. Benefit The Porfessional Primer is one of the best.
3. Makeup Fixing Mists: These mists not only freshen up your face on hot days, they will also help you set your makeup so that there is no makeup meltdown embarrassment in summers and such sprays will help keep the staying power of your makeup Increase it too. Our picks – MAC Fix + Spray and Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.
4. Long Lasting Foundation: On hot days, you should choose long staying, matte, foundations which are not too heavy yet they do not come down with sweat. Our suggestion would be to choose a foundation with silicones because as mentioned earlier, silicones act as a barrier between the skin and the moisture. Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup is one such foundation.
5. Gel Eyeliner: The scorching heat won’t stop you from messing with your eyes. Gel eyeliner would be best for hot days instead of liquid liner as they will not give you raccoon eyes once your eyelids are oily.
6. Eyeshadow Primer: Speaking of eye makeup, an eyeshadow primer is the one thing that will last your eyeliner, mascara and different shadows. A good eyeshadow primer will prevent your lids from getting oily and ruining all of your eye makeup in the process.
7. Waterproof Mascara: Mascara is one product that many of us never give up on anything! A good mascara can open up your eyes and give you an awake look, as well as make your lashes look bigger and curlier. We suggest you wear a good waterproof mascara that won’t wash off even when you’re spraying refreshing mists on your face.
8. Long Lasting Concealer: To hide blemishes, blemishes, blemishes on a hot day, you will need a concealer. You should check out waterproof and long-lasting concealers with intense pigments that can mask blemishes for a long time. We would recommend the Mac Prolong Wear Concealer.
Lastly, the most important tip – try the JAMSU technique to set your makeup in place and make it matte and long lasting. It’s a makeup tip that’s proofed by model Bella Hadid—in this technique, to make makeup last longer, after doing a full routine of base makeup, foundation, concealer, and even powder, we need to apply ice. Fill a large bowl with cold water and submerge the entire face in it (for about 15 to 20 seconds). Now pat your face dry, don’t rub! This routine will ensure that the makeup doesn’t come off on a hot and hot summer day! Try it for yourself!
10 Best Sunscreens for Acne Prone Skin
Summer Oily Skin Care Tips Your Dermatologist Will Approve