Well, 10 secrets to looking glamorous in photos every time don’t involve clicking your photos on Airbrush, Photo Lab, or the popular photo editing apps for that matter. We all want that feeling of #nofilter on a picture of ourselves that is absolutely amazing, right? Well, here are some secrets to look amazing in every selfie and picture of you.
1. Consider Lighting and Background: Natural light is the best lighting for clicking pictures outside. Both darkness and very bright light can spoil the picture and bring out your flaws. The best time to click outdoor pictures is in the morning and afternoon. Also, look for beautiful backgrounds or even a white wall, or something artistic, anything that catches your eye.
2. Pose Right: It totally depends on your choice. You can do a simulated walk with one foot in front of the other. If you prefer to stand instead, cross your legs. Try not to stand directly facing the camera. If you are sitting, cross your legs. Whatever the posture, just remember to keep your posture straight.
3. Invisible heels: You can look a bit tall in pictures even by wearing flats. All you have to do is stand on your toes as if you are wearing heels to add a few extra inches to your photos.
4. Know your best side: Some people like to click pictures from their left side, while others like their right side of their face in closeup pictures. Knowing your best side is a matter of practice and experimentation. Click and study tons of photos to find out which side brings out the prettiest version of you.
5. Click pictures from different angles: Facing the camera straight is rarely flattering. The best way is to make a 25 degree angle with the camera. To do this, turn your body three-quarters of the way towards the camera. cross your legs. Even if you don’t want to cross your legs, twist one of them to break up the shape.
6. Wear the right clothes: If you want to look glamorous, wear pictures that make you feel confident. If you’re short, wear vertical stripes and thin borders. If you want to look slimmer then choose dark colors. If you’re very skinny, try wearing lighter colors and horizontal stripes. If you’re wearing a loose shirt dress, wear a belt to accentuate your waist.
7. A little makeup can do wonders: Even a little makeup, done in the right way, can do wonders for highlighting your favorite photos. For a more natural look, apply concealer only to blemishes, imperfections, and shadowy areas. Apply BB cream to even out your skin tone. Applying mascara to your lashes and tightening your eyes will make them appear bigger and more awake. Applying bright colored lipstick will make your face glow. Apply warm blush to your cheeks for a natural glow.
8. STYLE YOUR HAIR: If your hair has become loose and flat, flip it upside down and brush your hair with your fingers. This will give some volume to the hair, you can even tease the hair with a brush for extra volume. For more texture and dimension, pull your hair into a loose top-knot. Just before clicking the picture, take it out and spritz some dry shampoo. Also, try to tame flyaways for pictures by applying some drying oil or cream products.
9. Here’s how not to blink in photos: If you blink in photos, close your eyes for a few seconds and then slowly open them, just before the picture is clicked. If you are clicking in bright light, try this trick – close your eyes and face towards the light source for 4-5 seconds with your eyes closed. Then open your eyes by facing the camera. This will prevent them from being half-closed in the photos. For makeup, apply a darker color to your crease and lighter to the browbones, and a white eyeliner to the inner corners of the eyes.
10. Be Confident: Always be confident about yourself. It will appear in your photos. And if you’re not very confident, you can always fake it. Raise the brow very slightly. This expression will also increase its size and make your face stand out in pictures. I personally like this trick because it works for me every time and makes me more confident. Also, smile naturally or smile slightly. Don’t forget that your confidence is reflected in your eyes.
11. Get Rid of That Double Chin: Have you noticed how a double chin magically appears in some of your photos? To avoid the dreaded double chin, lengthen your neck and push your face forward and don’t forget to tilt your chin down a bit.
12. Avoid makeup products with SPF to avoid that unsightly white cast in photos.
13. Give your arms a toned look with this pose. We’ve all mastered the sculpting of our hands in the hip pose, but did you know that a few tweaks to this pose can make your arms look toned? For this pose, place one hand on your waist and push it back slightly so that the elbow is behind you and not in line with your hip. After you click the picture, don’t forget to thank us for the toned-arm effect look.
14. Smile with your eyes: Also, popularly called Duchenne Smile by Tyra Banks, it is a “natural and happy” version of smile that radiates positivity and also helps to relieve stress. The best part is that you cannot fake this kind of smile and it requires positive thoughts. To master this kind of smile, channel your positive thoughts, lean in a bit, and smile like you’re really happy. This type of smile should start from your lips and reach your eyes, making crow’s feet near the corners of the eyes. Just ignore the crow’s feet and laugh lines as they result in amazing pictures.
how to look good in pictures
how to reduce oily shine on face