Happy first day of summer my friend. It’s very hot in Northern California today – expected to hit 101 degrees Fahrenheit! Early this morning, first thing, since it was already so hot, I let Connor walk through the lawn sprinkler. I would have joined her, except I had already done my hair and makeup for the day, lol!
Yeah, I’ve been trying something with makeup lately, even though it’s hot. I’ve been on a roll with Le Face Paint lately, and I don’t want to lose my momentum.
here’s what i’ve been doing lately
- Base: I start by mixing a sheer, semi-matte foundation on my cheeks and nose, around my mouth and on my forehead. I apply a sheer concealer under my eyes and set it with the tiniest amount of powder. Then, I take a skunk brush, and I run it through it slowly to blend everything together.
- Shame: Next, I add some color to my cheeks. I layer a coral cream blush with warm golden bronzer, and then I blend them together with my fingers. To set the cream blush/bronzer combo, I load a blush brush with a warm golden bronzer and dust it lightly on my cheekbones, nose, and the sides of my face.
- Eyes and Lips:For my eyes, I keep it simple: brow pencil, mascara, eyeliner at the waterline and a pat of bronze glitter shadow on my lids. To completely wrap it up, I layer a lip balm with a pinkish nude lipstick with sunscreen.
And here are the products in heavy rotation!
- Chanel Vitalumier Aqua Foundation in 50 Beige
- sand. Men’s Hourglass Veil Retouching Fluid
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Golden
- No. 20 and No. 22. In Chanel Les Beiges Cream Blush
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
- Dusk. Men Ilia Gel Liner
- Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow in Ray
- MAC Extended Play Perm Me Up Lash
- Sun Bum Lip Blum SPF 30
- MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick
How are you? What’s your current makeup routine for hot summer days?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,